The iij Top 10 Sustainability Books
A painfully difficult new year’s choice amongst a host of highly relevant titles covering a dizzying array of essential issues, but we gave it our best shot.
We’re obviously not under any illusion that that there are no really pertinent and up to date works on sustainability issues missing from this list. If you’d like to send us your own selection of candidates for the next time we issue a new list, the more books we receive that deserve consideration, the sooner we’ll issue a new and revised top 10.
1. Thriving Beyond Sustainability: Pathways to a Resilient Society by Andres R. Edwards and Bill McKibben. Published in paperback – May 1, 2010.
2. The Handbook of Sustainability Literacy: Skills for a Changing World by Arran Stibbe. Published in paperback – Jan 11, 2010.
3. State and Local Government: Sustainability in the 21st Century by Christopher A. Simon, Brent S. Steel, and Nicholas P. Lovrich. Published in paperback – Jul 26, 2010.
4. Leadership for Environmental Sustainability (Routledge Studies in Business Ethics) by Benjamin W. Redekop. Published in hardback – Jun 8, 2010.
5. Dynamic Sustainabilities: Technology, Environment, Social Justice (Pathways to Sustainability Series) by Melissa Leach, Ian Scoones, and Andy Stirling. Published in paperback – May 2010.
6. Sustainability Education: Perspectives and Practice Across Higher Education by Paula Jones, David Selby, and Stephen Sterling. Published in paperback – Jul 2010.
7. Accounting for Sustainability: Practical Insights by Anthony Hopwood, Jeffrey Unerman, Jessica Fries, and His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales. Published in paperback – Jul 2010.
8. Bioregionalism and Global Ethics: A Transactional Approach to Achieving Ecological Sustainability, Social Justice, and Human Well-being (Studies in Philosophy) by Richard Evanoff. Published in hardback – Aug 12, 2010.
9. Creating Interdisciplinary Campus Cultures: A Model for Strength and Sustainability by Julie Thompson Klein and Carol Geary Schneider. Published in hardback – Jan 19, 2010.
10. Green Logistics: Improving the Environmental Sustainability of Logistics by Alan McKinnon, Sharon Cullinane, Michael Browne, and Anthony Whiteing. Published in paperback – Apr 28, 2010.