This topic is probably the most demanding in the whole field of selecting innovation writing as far as trying to ensure that the subject is being handled in a genuinely insightful way, but I think we’ve found a good selection
The other problem is that we’re much more likely to miss some surefire winners, simply because, unlike the examples in this list, the titles are often not very helpful in relating the subject matter to investment. The good news is that we expect to be able to put together a bigger crop (a top twenty?) next time around, simply because we’re getting used to working our way through the contenders
(1) Investing in the Renewable Power Market: How to Profit from Energy Transformation (Wiley Finance) by Tom Fogarty and Robert Lamb. Published in Hardcover – 14 Sep 2011.
(2) Market Mind Games: Profiting from the New Psychology of Risk, Uncertainty, and the Convergence of Trading with Investing by Denise Shull. Published in Hardcover – 1 Sep 2011.
(3) Financial Times Guide to Investing in Emotional Assets and Collectables: How to Manage a Portfolio for Growth (Financial Times Series) by Bernard Duffy. Published in Paperback – 18 Jul 2011.
(4) Investing and the Irrational Mind: Rethink Risk, Outwit Optimism, and Seize Opportunities Others Miss by Robert Koppel. Published in Hardcover – 30 Jun 2011.
(5) The Art of Distressed M&A: Buying, Selling, and Financing Troubled and Insolvent Companies by H. Peter Nesvold, Jeffrey Anapolsky, and Alexandra Reed Lajoux. Published in Hardcover – 29 Apr 2011.
(6) Innovation in Strategic Philanthropy: Local and Global Perspectives (Nonprofit and Civil Society Studies) by Helmut K. Anheier, Adele Simmons, and David Winder. Published in Paperback – 4 Apr 2011.
(7) The Little Book of Alternative Investments: Reaping Rewards by Daring to be Different (Little Books. Big Profits) by Ben Stein and Phil DeMuth. Published in Kindle Edition – 29 Mar 2011.
(8) Asset Building & Community Development by Gary P. (Paul) Green and Anna L. Haines. Published in Paperback – 20 Mar 2011.
(9) Investing in Energy: A Primer on the Economics of the Energy Industry (Bloomberg Financial) by Gianna Bern. Published in Hardcover – 8 Jun 2011.
(10) The Handbook of News Analytics in Finance (The Wiley Finance Series) by Gautam Mitra and Leela Mitra. Published in Hardcover – 15 Apr 2011.
A title which is not in the list (investment and financial betting are not always easily separable) but deserves more than an honourable mention is:
The Financial Spread Betting Handbook: The definitive guide to making money trading spread bets by Malcolm Pryor. Published in Paperback – 9 May 2011.
Here’s a video of the author talking about his DVD