The iij Top Ten Upcoming Mobile Innovation Books
Surprisingly, the mobile category gave us the opposite problem to our usual one: this time we were not quite as inundated with contenders
We excluded those which included the leading mobile phone brand names and their technologies in their titles from the shortlist, which made selecting candidates harder and the list a lot shorter.
- Making Things Talk: Physical Computing with Sensors, Networks, and Arduino by Tom Igoe. Published in Aug 22, 2011.
- Enterprise Mobility: Tiny Technology with Global Impact on Information Work (Technology, Work and Globalization) by Carsten Sørensen. Published on May 24, 2011.
- Location-Aware Applications by Richard Ferraro and Murat Aktihanoglu. Published in Paperback – 28 Jun 2011.
- The Third Screen: Marketing to Your Customers in a World Gone Mobile by Chuck Martin. Published in May 16, 2011.
- Professional Augmented Reality Apps for Smartphones: Building Mobile Augmented Reality and Image Recognition Applications by Lester Madden. Published in Paperback – 3 Jun 2011.
- Mobile Technologies for Conflict Management: Online Dispute Resolution, Governance, Participation (Law, Governance and Technology Series) by Marta Poblet. Published in Hardcover on the 1st Jun 2011.
- Gamification by Design: Implementing Game Mechanics in Web and Mobile Apps by Gabe Zichermann and Christopher Cunningham. Published in Paperback – 22 Aug 2011.
- Mobile Ad Hoc Networks: Current Status and Future Trends by Jonathan Loo, Jaime Lloret Mauri and Jesús Hamilton Ortiz. Published in Hardcover – 15 Nov 2011.
- Advances for In-Vehicle and Mobile Systems: Challenges for International Standards by Huseyin Abut, John H.L. Hansen and Kazuya Takeda. Published in Paperback – 29 Jul 2011.
- Near Field Communications Handbook (Internet and Communications) by Syed A. Ahson and Mohammad Ilyas. Published in Jul 15, 2011.
Three ‘honourable mentions’:
Mobile Marketing: Lessons from Global Brand Leaders on How to Make a Success of the Mobile Channel by Matt Haig and Paul Berney. Published in Hardcover – 3 Oct 2011.
- Mobile Video: Technology and Methods for Content Production by Marcus Weise. Published in Paperback – 12 Apr 2012.
- Speech in Mobile and Pervasive Environments (Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing) by Nitendra Rajput. Published in Hardcover – 7 Oct 2011