The iij top 20 upcoming design books for innovators
These titles are at the leading edge of thinking about where design and innovation meet. Not just in predictable design territory, such as consumer products or web and mobile apps, but also in such diverse fields as cultural development, physiological experience analysis and architectural kinetics
If you had any concerns that the innovation community’s new-found obsession with design might be nothing more than a desperate ploy by geeky inventors aiming to secure credibility with a disdainful arts crowd, then even a fleeting foray through this selection may change your mind
(1) Fashionable Technology: The Intersection of Design, Fashion, Science, and Technology by Sabine Seymour. Published in Paperback – 1 Jul 2011.
(2) Design Is How It Works: How the Smartest Companies Turn Products into Icons by Jay Greene. Published in Hardcover – 30 Jun 2011.
(3) Design for Aging Review 10: AIA Design for Aging Knowledge Community by American Institute Architects. Published in Hardcover – 30 Jun 2011.
(4) Curated: New Minimalism in Retail Design by Group Works. Published in Hardcover – 30 Jun 2011.
(5) Problem Solving and Critical Thinking for Designers by Christine M. Piotrowski. Published in Paperback – 4 May 2011.
(6) Drawn In: A Peek into the Inspiring Sketchbooks of 45 Fine Artists, Illustrators, Graphic Designers, and Cartoonists by Julia Rothman. Published in Paperback – 25 Jun 2011.
(7) Landscapes of a New Cultural Economy of Space (Landscape Series) by Theano S. Terkenli and Anne-Marie d’Hauteserre. Published in Paperback – 1 Jul 2011.
(8) Service Design and Delivery (Service Science: Research and Innovations in the Service Economy) by Mairi Macintyre, Glenn Parry and Jannis Angelis. Published in Hardcover – 29 Apr 2011.
(9) Digital Experience Design: Ideas, Industries, Interaction by L Leung. Published in Hardcover – 18 Apr 2011.
(10) Sensing Emotions: The impact of context on experience measurements: The impact of context on behavioral and physiological experience measurements (Philips Research Book Series) by Joyce Westerink, Martijn Krans and Martin Ouwerkerk. Published in Hardcover – 1 Jul 2011.
(11) Human Factors in Consumer Product Design: Methods, Techniques, and Applications (Handbook of Human Factors in Consumer Product Design) by Waldemar Karwowski, Marcelo M. Soares and Neville A. Stanton. Published in Hardcover – 9 Jun 2011.
(12) Glimmer: How design can transform your business, your life, and maybe even the world by Warren Berger. Published in Paperback – 2 Jun 2011.
(13) Product Lifecycle Management: 21st Century Paradigm for Product Realisation (Decision Engineering) by John Stark. Published in Hardcover – 1 Jun 2011.
(14) Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality in Industry by Dengzhe Ma, Jürgen Gausemeier, Xiumin Fan and Michael Grafe. Published in Hardcover – 1 Jun 2011.
(15) The Integrated Design-Build Team by Barbara Jackson. Published in Paperback – 31 May 2011.
(16) Designing Kinetics for Architectural Facades: State Change by Jules Moloney. Published in Paperback – 23 Jun 2011.
(17) Design Thinking for Interiors: Inquiry, Experience, Impact by Joy H. Dohr and Margaret Portillo. Published in Hardcover – 15 Jun 2011.
(18) Urban Design: The Composition of Complexity by Ron Kasprisin. Published in Paperback – 9 Jun 2011.
(19) Visualize This: The Flowing Data Guide to Design, Visualization, and Statistics by Nathan Yau. Published in Paperback – 7 Jul 2011.
(20) See Yourself Sensing: Redefining Human Perception by Madeline Schwartzman. Published in Paperback – 24 Jun 2011.